In light of certain events, here are some great immune boosting tips!
I believe in our immune systems.
- Now, I am not saying to go hop on a train to China today or anything.
But, do things to help your immune system, and if you are nervous it helps to realize, how viruses work, and how co-infections happen.
I have asthma and I do have to be careful with respiratory illnesses, so for one, do things to
strengthen your lungs.
1. Walking, exercise is highly detoxifying, our blood is powerful, it cleanses our bodies for us.
2. Liver Health, avoid too much alcohol, start your day with lemon and/or apple cider vinegar. Lemon is alkalizing and disease and bacteria do not like an acidic environment. Lemon is so great for liver, it is astringent as well and helps us to stay hydrated.
3. Drink Water- Water is so powerful! We are made up of at least 80% Water! Also water is cooling , hydrated lungs and tissues are way less susceptible to damage!
4. Take Vitamin C! Vitamin C helps our body make more White blood cells which help to strengthen our immunity!
5. And yes.. Wash your hands!
6. Get Acupuncture ! The immune system in Chinese Medicine is called the Wei QI, this is a protective energy that circulates our bodies just above the skin. If your QI is strong, a pathogen can't enter.
If a pathogen does get through the stronger the internal QI of our body is the easier it can push the pathogen out, and/or we can heal faster.
7. Viruses enter our cells and change the DNA, or cause damage, that is why there isn't much that can be done except support our bodies once we have it. BUT, there are many amazing chinese herbs that are anti-viral, that can help boost your immunity. Usually we use herbs to both strengthen your body and kill the virus, or push it out of your body. We can customize formulas for you, or right now I am taking an anti-viral every day to protect myself.
8. Avoid SUGAR! Sugar creates acidity in the body, and guess what? Bacteria FEED on sugar! So I highly recommend staying away from sugar to boost your immunity. (this helps to prevent co-infections)
9. A segway, our gut is our first line of defense, so the healthier we are eating the better. What are a few tips, eat soup, healthy fats and proteins, limit complex carbs as they are the same as sugar.
10. REST, when you are tired, take a nap, go to bed earlier, watch a movie. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY.
When we are tired, we need more Qi, you can take a gentle walk, stretch or rest. Your body will tell you what you need.
11. Get sunshine! Sunshine is a perfect example of the Yang in Chinese Medicine, warming, protective, very important for immunity! And energizing!
12. Yoga. I LoVE yoga. I get sick so much less when I practice regularly. Yoga is a full system meant to detoxify us, keep us strong and healthy. One, you breathe deeply, strengthening the lungs, many poses cut off blood flow and then increase it, this flushes blood through our organs, lymph system, muscles and glands.
13. De-Stress. Make your mental health a priority, the less stressed we feel, the more optimistic, the brighter our SHEN (spirit/mind in Chinese Medicine? - the stronger our vitality and will are.
These are just a few tips for immunity, that give you a stronger chance of staying healthy and if you get sick, recovering. This doesn't mean we don't get sick, but it helps our body to defend itself on it's own . The human body is truly amazing. If you are immunocompromised, then you know the measures you must take, if you suspect you are ill the CDC recommends you also stay home, rest and call your Doctor.
Mention this blog and take 20% off Herbs and Acupuncture for your next visit. Also, please comment below if you have questions or want to share.
Comments are closed.