Use the coupon code FALL50 for this course, in this course we cover Meditation, Tapping, Acupressure and some Journaling to help you manage your anxiety.
Barre 3: Online workouts that range from 10-60 minutes. Short but sweet, and you will be sore! Strengthening our core can give us a sense of strength and empowerment, when we don't feel strong mentally, a strong body and remind us that we are strong inside too!
Yoga: Do gentle yoga until you feel better. Start with Yin and restorative yoga, these styles use props to help you feel supported, when we feel supported we can relax into a sense of safety. My favorite yoga app is called Yoga GLO, but also there are many great classes on Youtube:
CBD: This has been known to help with Pain and Anxiety, I use and sell Rock N' Roots CBD. Read more and Order Here.
Meditation: Many of you know I am Certified Neurosculpting ® Meditation Facilitator, I have a bunch of Free Meditations on Insight Timer, and there are many great Teachers on there. I often listen to many different types for fun on there. Yes, I am meditation Nerd.
EFT®: The Emotional Freedom Technique: I LOVE this system! The potential is endless with this tool, from treating pain, emotions, Grief, improving relationships and more. Here is a link to a free website, they have a free app as well. I am happy to work with anyone privately that wants to learn as well.
First off, I am not a licensed Therapist, so that is my disclaimer. I have treated Anxiety and Depression for many years with Meditation, Yoga, Acupuncture, energy work and more. I have used all of these to learn to manage and regulate my own emotions and mental state.
Here are some tips that I have to offer. As the seasons change, especially as we head into fall and winter, some of us can be more affected than others. Some People develop SAD, seasonal affective disorder.
Here are some things I have learned, from research and experience. Towards the end of this Newsletter, I have offered some resources.
1. Try not to compare yourself to others. (maybe avoid social media if that helps). We all have our own path in life. Think of the top three things that are important to you in life, and prioritize those. Examples, Health, spending time with family, having some free time, rest, work, or whatever comes to mind.
2. Eat regularly. Make sure you have a balanced breakfast with good fats, and protein. Examples, turkey bacon, meat, nuts, salmon, avocado, veggies, eggs. Keeping our blood sugar balanced can make a HUGE difference in mood stabilization. Try to avoid to many complex carbs and alcohol. Reach out to me if you need more help with this.
3. Do things that make you feel good; music, aromatherapy, dance, hiking, a walk, binge on netflix for a day.
4. Create some nice routines for yourself, with reasonable expectations. Short workouts, for example, I often do 10 minute workouts. More times than not, I will keep going once I start.
5. MOVE; walk or workout, gentle yoga. Moving your blood moves your QI (energy) and creates endorphins that make you feel better.
6. Meditation. There are so many great resources out there that are FREE, I also love EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) tapping, it is almost like giving yourself an Acupuncture treatment. I offer private sessions of both of these, we can customize meditations just for you. This system uses tapping on Acupuncture point to help relieve stress, PTSD and more.
7. Be gentle with yourself. If you feel tired, give yourself times to rest.
8. A Gratitude journal. A tip from my friend who is a burnout coach, says if you can't feel grateful, then write down your resentments, for each one create a boundary. CREATE BOUNDARIES, It is okay to preserve your energy. Gratitude helps us shift our brain and perspective.
9. Acupuncture! For one, take time to take care of yourself! Two, Acupuncture helps balance our brains and bodies, it helps to heal the Mind/Body Connection, getting your neural pathways flowing. We want to re-pattern ourselves for Optimal Health, and over time Acupuncture returns us to that state of vitality and health.
10. Make time for things you enJOY. Joy is amazing, it gets us into the more evolved part of our brains, actually helping us to see solutions and be creative. AND, who doesn't want some joy? What do you truly enjoy?
11. ASK FOR HELP. You do not have to do it alone! There are many great practitioners and groups that can help you. As humans, I do not believe that we were not meant to do it alone. A lot of the rise in Mental Health issues can be traced to a lot less community and more social isolation.