Phew, this can be a HUGE overwhelming subject.
In Chinese Medicine our digestion is KEY. Most of us westerners do not have the greatest digestion (even if we think we do).
There are probably many reasons for this, we tend to run on a lot of adrenaline, our food quality has gone way downhill, with the use of pesticides, and unfortunately we have Monsanto here in the US. Europe refuses to let them cover there FYI.
The spleen/ stomach are the root of our digestion in Chinese Medicine. The stomach receives the food and it rots and ripens, and then the spleen takes the the Qi/ energy from the food and lifts it up to the heart to make blood. The stomach sends the turbid food down. The organs are not really the same in TCM vs WM. They aren't as literal, though they are in the same places, they are more about function.
In Western Medicine, our digestion is also key. Our food absorption, and inflammation can start in the gut. Most people have more inflammation than they realize. This can greatly interfere with our hormonal health and overall sense of wellbeing. We can have your Dr. check for certain inflammatory markers.
So, In our treatments, we will want to focus on both aspects, after a thorough diagnosis.
Here are some basic suggestions. and some reading suggestions. And of course depending on your western Diagnosis, we can adapt your diet. So if you are struggling to get pregnant, I am sorry but you are going to have to change, I hate to ask people to change, cause I myself am not a fan. But with great love and compassion you are going to have to give some things up, think of it as a start to motherhood. You will give up a lot to get a LOT.
- Reduce/ eliminate sugar and high glycemic foods. Foods that spike insulin cause irregular cortisol, can lead to insulin resistance and have shown to reduce fertility, there are plenty of great recipes and things you can substitute, even with sweets.
- Reduce/ ideally eliminate alcohol. Alcohol jacks with your neurotransmitters hormones and more. It is really hard on the body. If you want to get serious about your fertility, it needs to go for now. We can talk about the occasional beverage and what to drink. Like I said on the page, I believe there are three different levels of how strict we need to get with diet/ lifestyle.
- Reduce/ eliminate caffeine, or if you have it, eat first, and don't have it everyday. It constricts blood vessels, therefore constricting blood flow, and we need blood flow.
- Move, you need gentle movement, yoga, walking, pilates, you need blood flow but not to jack up your adrenals.
- Good sleep, do whatever it takes, movement and hydration, bed time habits all play a part.
- Healthy fats and plenty of protein fruits and veggies. eat consistently, have breakfast.
- Stress management, Meditation and Breathwork. Yoga is designed to heal the endocrine system, each pose acts as a tourniquet to a gland then when the pose is release, blood flows through the gland. TO create that baby, you need ample blood and blood flow.
- Patience: it takes time to transform our health and 90 days for an egg to develop.
- Get your partner on board, it takes two to tango, even if sperm shows up as "ok", it can still be healthier and there are things to do to improve motility and quality. after all they need to be strong swimmers!
This is only a rough of things you can start to change and look into. I have links to books on the main page and those are a good start.
Please contact us for more information and/ or assistance on your journey.
Leave a Reply.
I am Stefanie Rothert, I have been a professional intuitive and healer since I was 19 years old,1997. I have a background in arts, dance, movement,herbal study, meditation and more. I believe in deep compassion and intuition in healing, with a grounded, earthy approach.